Travels in Germany
by Marta Kubile
I have travelled the country from one end to the other.
Here are few honorable mentions:
1. Munich (don't forget the Oktoberfest and the Neuschwanstein Castle)
2. Lübeck (Niederegger Marzipan Museum)
3. Berlin (Kreuzberg)
4. Travemünde on the Baltic sea Coast
5. Nürnberg (Christmas market)
6. Baden Baden and the Black Forest area (Black Forest cake)
11. Stuttgart (Mercedes Museum)
Honorable beer mentions:
1) Munich - Augustiner Helles/Hacker Pschorr, Löwenbrau Thriumphator
2) Lubeck - Brauberger, from the northern beer Jever, Flensburger
3) Berlin - Berliner kindl, Fessa Brau Berlin, Berliner Burgerbrau
4) Travemünde - Jever one more time - maybe Warsteiner
5) Nürnberg - didn't drink for some reason...
6) Baden Baden - Tannenzapfle Pils
7) Heidelberg - Tannenzapfle Pils ^^
8) Münster - Dortmunder Union Export?!
9) Cologne - Früh Kölsch
There are a few ways to travel:
1) bus - cheap and comfortable, but very long rides
2) hitchhiking - roads are a bit complicated but people are generally nice
3) car - you can do a lot of carpooling; saves money and is fast, but a bit complicated to arrange
4) train - easy and comfortable but normally expensive
5) plane - luxury for me
If you ever travel to this pretty amazing country, visit these places and drink some good Beer! The South has impressive landscapes, and a good time to visit is summer. Use Couchsurfing, go to festivals, and as a woman know that you will be safe in this country.
Click here to post comments
Join in and write your own page! It's easy to do. How? Simply click here to return to Share Your Own Story!.