:: Women on the Road Rate Card
Advertising Terms and Conditions
All orders for insertion of advertisements are accepted subject to the following conditions.
- Advertising orders issued by an advertising agency will be treated as issued by that agency as principal. Where copy or other instructions not constituting an official order are issued, they must clearly be marked at the head. “Copy instructions – Not an order”.
- The placing of an order for the insertion of an Advertisement shall, whether an Advertiser stipulates so or not, be an order subject to these conditions, and any conditions stipulated on the Advertiser’s order form or elsewhere shall be to no effect so far as they are in conflict with these conditions.
- Advertiser’s Warranty
The Advertiser warrants that the Advertisement
- does not contradict any act of law or subordinate legislation
- is not in any way illegal or defamatory or an infringement of any other party’s rights
- is legal, decent, honest and truthful; and
- is not an infringement of the American Association of Advertising Agencies
The Advertiser hereby agrees to indemnify Women on the Road against any and all actions, proceedings, claims, demands, damages and costs (including legal costs) for breach of this warranty in respect of defamation, obscenity, misrepresentation or libel, or any other claim arising out of or in respect of the Advertisement or the publication or distribution of the Advertisement.
- Women on the Road will not be held responsible for alterations or corrections to proofs, if returned after the specified date or not confirmed in writing.
- No responsibility is taken for the accuracy of copy not given in writing to Women on the Road.
- Artwork, etc.
Artwork and/or photographic materials are submitted to, and used by, Women on the Road entirely at the risk of the person by whom, or on whose behalf, they were submitted. Unless otherwise arranged, Women on the Road reserves the right to return or dispose of such artwork and/or photographic materials if not collected within six months of their receipt by Women on the Road, and any return carriage costs must be paid by such person.
- Special positions will be given only if agreed by Women on the Road in writing and at an additional charge. Agreement will be specific to an identified advertiser. No other client of an advertising agency may take the position without prior written consent of Women on the Road.
- Late Copy and / or Proofs
If, following an accepted order for space, an Advertiser’s copy instructions and / or proofs are not received by Women on the Roads’ copy date, Women on the Road reserves the right to run any previously supplied copy or from any appropriate proofs received from the Advertiser.
- Cancellations, etc
- The Company reserves the right:
- to refuse or cancel any advertisement without giving any reason or period of notice thereof
- to make corrections or alteration it considers necessary or desirable in an advertisement (whether to conform it to the style and subject matte of the publication or otherwise):
- to alter, cancel or postpone publication date(s).
- Web advertisement cancellations and transfers can only be accepted by the Advertiser in writing, and if the request is received by Women on the Road not less than 3 weeks before the copy date.
- The Advertiser shall notify Women on the Road in writing of any error in a published Advertisement prior (whenever practicable) to the copy date for any subsequent insertion of the same Advertisement and in any case within fourteen days of the first publication date. Failing such notification Women on the Road will be under no liability to the Advertiser in respect of such errors, and the Advertiser will indemnify the Women on the Road against all actions, proceedings, claims, demands, damages and costs (including legal costs) brought or made by third parties as a result of the publication or distribution of an Advertisement containing such an error.
- Rates and Payment
- Unless Women on the Road agrees otherwise in writing, the price for any Advertisement (including any Advertisement being published as part of a series) will be the price (according to the relevant rate card) prevailing at the date of publication.
- Unless Women on the Road agrees otherwise (in writing) payment is due immediately on publication. Where Women on the Road allows credit it will do so (unless it stipulates otherwise) for 30 days from date of invoice. Failure to pay accounts will make advertising agencies liable to the following reductions in any commission otherwise allowed to them:
- 3 percent of the gross rate where the sum owing has not been paid on the due date:
- a further 2 per cent on the gross rate (making a total of 5 per cent) where the sum owing remains unpaid one month or more after the due date.
- In these Conditions the following terms shall have the following respective meanings:-
“Advertiser” shall mean the Advertiser or, as the context requires, an advertising agency acting on behalf of the Advertiser.
“Advertisement” shall include any loose or insert advertisement and any advertisement attached to or distributed with the relevant publication including free gifts, and advertisements in any form, including without limitation, computer or electronic readable form.